Yes, we have a football team too. Make RCR your non-stop source for all things KU Football.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's Time to do Some Catching Up

Source: KU Sports
In January, I accepted a columnist position for the University Daily Kansan, so I took my tomfoolery over there and put this site on the back burner. On second thought, I think it be more accurate to say that I just took it off the stove completely and stuck it back in the freezer for another time.

But now that the summer months are here, the time has come to defrost this thing and give it some life. Idle hands are the devil's playthings, as they say, so here I am, back writing about KU Football on a website with about as much traffic as I-70 West... barren wasteland.

A lot has happened since I last wrote, so I will try my very best to hit the high points. I'll be updating this more often with my normal, long-winded rants. It's good to be back.
Deciding to fire this thing back up has just given Kansas Football a nice, little stroke of luck. Upon creating this thread, I received a text message at 6:13 PM, "Chris Martin... WTF."

The Lawrence Journal World has just reported within the past hour or so that "Three men, including [Chris Martin] and former defensive lineman Jeremiah Edwards, were arrested today in connection with a May 13 armed robbery." The blurb goes on to say that the men were held in custody on suspicion of robbing cash and marijuana from victims at gunpoint.

So, let's see here: aggravated robbery, kidnapping, possession of marijuana... yeah, goodbye, Chris. Nice knowing ya.

I'm a little hot right now. I researched and wrote a good deal on this dude, and this is how he repays us? 1 spring game, a few practices. I can't even imagine how Charlie Weis feels. Betrayed, used, disrespected, for starters?

Only time will tell how this knot works itself out, but if I had to guess, I'd assume AT MINIMUM, Martin is suspended 3 games. And for a guy getting not his second, third, probably fourth or fifth crack at a do-over, this is downright pathetic.

--





No comments:

Post a Comment